REPUBLIC OF TURKEY MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM

Bursa - Atatürk Museum

The building, which is situated on Cekirge Avenue, is believed to be constructed at the end of the 19th Century. The lodge has two floors and a basement. During his second visit to Bursa in between 20-24 January 1923, Bursa Municipality had purchased this building from Colonel Mehmet Bey and presented it to Atatürk as a gift. After that, Atatürk stayed in this lodge on his visits to Bursa. On 1938, the building was sold to the Turkish Republic Retirements Foundation by Bursa Municipality, and on 6 February 1968, the Foundation turned over the building to the General Directorate of Antiquities and Museums. On the fiftieth anniversary of the Republic, the building after being converted to a museum, opened to the public on 29 October 1973.

First Floor: There is a reception room on the right-hand side of the entrance and a dining room and a rest room on the left hand side.

Second Floor: The bedroom is on the right and the study room is on the left. Passing through the right hand side of the study room you will reach the greenhouse. The basement is used as the kitchen and the maintenance. Most of the furniture and articles in display are the originals used by Atatürk.