ATATÜRK WANTS TO LISTEN TO THE MARCH
- How are you Doctor? Have you got anything new? He asked.
- Yes sir. I composed a march for you. If you wouldn’t mind I would present
- Read it then. He said.
I red the first couplet. Then I came to the third line of the second couplet.
As soon as I said:
- The glorious crescent raised with your hand of heavenly light ... He
- No. He said. What does hand of heavenly light mean?
I considered that if my march wasn't liked, Vasıf Rıza would not permit it.
He nodded his holy head and I read the words of the march from the beginning
till the end with the whole power of my voice. Applauses of the visitors were
showed my success.
- If you order so, sir, the jazz band can play the composition, I said.
At my signal, they started to play as I had given them the scores before.
- This is the march sir. I said.
- Bravo. Well done.
He congratulated me. From now on this march became the legal march of