CIVILIZATIONS, ANCIENT CITIES
Built during the years 197-159 B.C. by Eumenes II, King of Pergammon, it was
revealed by German archaelogists during excavations made after 1865 in Pergammon
and the remains were sent to Berlin. It was restored in the Berlin State Museum
and was opened to exhibition in 1871. After that date, the museum acquired the
name Pergammon Museum.