Situated 60 km. to Mersin, in the Erdemli province, it is 800-1000 m. away from
the remains of the Mediterranean Sea. Over the years, its tie to mainland has
disappeared and it is now an Island. Corcyus, which was established during the
4th century B.C. by the Hellens, and expanded during the Roman and Byzantine
Periods, was an important barbour during the 8th century. The castle was established
to prevent attacks from the Sea. It contains remains of a church.