church near Edirnekapı at Istanbul is famous for its mosaics and frescoes. It
was built by Maria Dukaina, mother - in - law of Byzantine Emperor Alexius Komnenos,
and was later expanded. It was dedicated to Jesus Christ. Most of the mosaics
and frescoes were made during 1305-1320. It was converted into a mosque during
reign of Bayezit
II. It was restored in 1929, the mosaics revealed and, after Ayasofia, was opened
to public as a museum. It is also referred to as the Mosaic Museum.