within the Mevlevi Convent at Konya. The first convent was built by Bedreddin
from Tabriz in 1274. It has been expanded and restored to gain the form we have
at present. The mausoleum rests of four pillars and is 25 m. high. The body
of the mausoleum is observed to be in the form of a 16 foil cylindir and 16
foil conical cap. The body and cap are covered with turquoise tiles. For this
reason the dome is referred to as the "Green Dome". The mausoleum
contains 65 groves of various relatives and flowers of Mevlana together with
himself. The pencilworks of the mausoleum are also of great valve.