MİSİS MOSAIC MUSEUM
Located between Adana and Ceyhan, on the historical Silk Road, at a distance of 26km from Adana.
It is a museum where various periods can be viewed in chronological order and floor mosaics belonging to a Basilica located within the boundaries of the Misis Ancient City is exhibited in situ. It was discovered in 1956 and the mosaic covered area was revealed by prof. Dr. H. Theodor Bosset and Dr. Ludwig Budde from the German Archaeology Team who were carrying out excavations at that time at the Misis Mound.
At the very centre of the composition there is a chicken coop built in the shape of a table or a side table surrounded by 23 birds or fowls taken by Noah onto his ship and behind this group there are various wild and domestic animals. It is from the 4th century.
Misis Mosaic Museum has been enriched with the transfer of works which were taken to the Adana Museum after the Misis Mound excavations and the mosaics which were previously kept there, and by bringing together the dispersed architectural elements found around the Misis.